[English] The two-year full-time Junior College programme prepares students for their lives, further academic studies and career. The programmes aims to develop students who have breath and depth of knowledge – students who flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
The curriculum is adapted and based on the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme curriculum. The curriculum is made up of six subject groups and the core modules, comprising Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) and the Extended Essay. Through the Junior College years, students reflect on the nature of knowledge, complete independent research and undertake projects that often involves community service.
[Jinghpaw] Jawngma ni tinang aprat hte māgam bungli gunhpai ai hta ra ai atsam ningja ni hpe shārawt la ai hte, mādang tsaw ai maigan dakkasu (international university) ni de hpaji hpungjat na mātu hkyen lājang ai (2) ning aten hpring lāmang re.
Shārin lakchyoi māsing (Curriculum) hpe gaw International Baccalaureate Diploma lāmang a Curriculum hpe lakap nna shārin ya nga ai re. Shārin ginhpan ni hpe group (6) gāran da nna, mādung n hprai ai sha hkaja ra ai ginhpan ni gaw: Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) hte Sawkhkrawk Kum-yai laika (Extended Essay) ni re. Junior College jawngma yawng gaw, jawng lung aten (2) ning lāman, māchyoi hpaji māchyē māchyang ni hpe hkut-hkut nai-nai, sung-sung li-li sawkhkrawk hkaja lu na sha n-ga, lāta-tut hkaja ai lam ni hpe wuhpung wuhpawng ni hta dawjau let hkaja sa wa ra na re.
Shawng na Shāta (18) gaw shārin ginhpan ni hte māgam bungli hpe mādung sharin la nna, jāhtum na Shāta (6) kaw tinang a sawk-hkrawk kumyai laika (extended essay) hpe ka lājang ai hte hpawn, maigan dakkasu ni de Bachelor Degree Programme wa lung lu na mātu shajin sa wa na.
Kachinland College helped me to know who I am, what I want to be in the future, and how to serve the people and the community.
Daihpa Sut Ing – DLA 2018
Duration : 24 months
Application Deadline : 22 November 2021
Entrance Exam: Short-listed will be informed
- Completed online admission application
- Passed Matriculation Exam [Copies of matriculation/degree certificates]
- Official transcripts
- TWO referee reports (Recommendation Letters)
- TWO essays (in English and in one of the applicant’s mother-tongue/home languages)
- Scanned copy of NRC card/birth certificate
- Credible Medical Check-up Report (Note: Required at the final stage of admission after the entrance examination)
Tuition and Fees
Tuition Fee: Lap 350,000 per semester
Administration Fee: Lap 10,000
Theory of Knowledge
Students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
An independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
Creativity, Activity, Service
Students complete a project related to those three concepts.
Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature
- Dip 1001 Integrated English
- Dip 1002 Academic English
- Dip 1003 Language A: Literature
- Dip 1004 Language A: Literature and Language
- Dip 1010 Jinghpaw Literature
- Dip 1020 Shan Literature
- Dip 1030 Chinese (Mandarin) ab initio
- Dip 1031 Japanese
Group 3: Individuals and Societies
- Dip 3010 Politics
- Dip 3020 Economics
- Dip 3030 Kachin History
- Dip 3031 Shan History
- Dip 3032 World History
- Dip 3040 World Religions
- Dip 3011 Global Politics
- Dip 3050 IT in a Global Society
- Dip 3060 Geography
- Dip 3070 Psychology
- Dip 3080 Anthropology
- Dip 3090 Business Management
- Dip 3091 Business Accounting
Group 4: Experimental Sciences
- Dip 4002 Biology
- Dip 4003 Physics
- Dip 4004 Chemistry
- Dip 4010 Environmental Systems & Societies
- Dip 4020 Computer Sciences
- Dip 4030 Sports, Exercise and Health Science
- Dip 4040 Design Technology
- Dip 5001 Mathematics (Standard Level)
- Dip 5002 Mathematics (Higher Level)
- Dip 6001 Musics
- Dip 6002 Traditional Musical Instrument
- Dip 6010 Dance
- Dip 6020 Visual Arts
- Dip 6021 Photography
- Dip 6030 Film Studies
Only online application will be processed.