by Kachinland College | Nov 8, 2016 | About Us
SEMINAR: JADE AND CONFLICT IN KACHIN STATE
WHERE: Panghuk Duwa Hall, Kachinland School of Arts and Sciences
SNS-60, Shatapru, Myitkyina, Kachin State
WHEN: 15:00 – 17:00, Wednesday, 9 November 2016
SPEAKERS: Global Witness Team
Mike Davis, Asia Director
Juman Kubba, Senior Analyst
Oliver Courtney, Communications Manager
SYNOPSIS: Following the publication of its ‘Big State Secret’ report uncovering who is who in the jade business, Global Witness is undertaking further research on who is benefiting from Kachin State’s jade. Global Witness representatives will be coming to Kachinland School of Arts and Sciences to present new unpublished findings and their plans for the next stages of their work.
ADMISSION IS FREE
For more information:
Tel: 09963967000, 09784227634, 09784227625
by Kachinland College | Oct 27, 2016 | About Us
POSITION: ENGLISH TEACHER
KSAS is currently seeking an English Teacher with proficient in 4 skills English teaching experience. English Teacher is responsible for students to ensure that students’ knowledge, understanding and achievement are of the highest levels in Englishproficiency particularly in four-skills. Approximately 25 hours of teaching per week is expected. English Teacher will work closely with both Faculty and Programme team and answer directly to the Associate Programme Manager/Programme Manager.
- Passion to teach.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or equivalent degree/diploma in Teaching English with a minimum of 3 years of combined work experience. Post-graduate degree(s) is a plus.
- Ability to contribute to schemes of work and curriculum materials for the appropriate subjects.
- Designing effective lessons matching the design of the lesson to the ability of the students.
- Competence to give clear and constructive feedback to students on further enhancements.
- Team player who works as a team member, identifying opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing good practice.
- Recognizing high standards of expectations of students’ behaviour through good classroom discipline focused teaching and productive relationships.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, and meet with other constituents.
Salary and Benefits:
Negotiable based on teaching experience and skills. Food, Transportation, and Communication Allowance as well as Sick Leave provided.
Job applicants should submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and TWO reference letters. Position is open until filled.
Kachinland School of Arts and Sciences, Humanity Institute
SNS-56, Shatapru, Myitkyina, Kachin State, Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0996 396 7000, 0978 422 7634, 0978 422 7625
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
by Kachinland College | Oct 3, 2016 | About Us
The Kachinland School of Arts & Sciences (KSAS) of Humanity Institute, founded in 2014, is a knowledge enterprise that inspires and incubates young leaders to mould the future of peaceful Kachin State by providing quality tertiary level education and by building the ecosystem of learning. The School is moving forward to realise the vision to establish the University of Kachinland by 2024 by cultivating excellence in teaching, research, and service. The School is governed by the Board of Trustees, managed by the School Management Committee and the Faculty, and invigorated by its vibrant Student Union elected by the students.