Administrative Appointment: Librarian
Report to: Academic Dean
Post Title: Librarian
Duty Station: SNS-60, Shatapru, Myitkyina
Contract Types: Fixed-Term Contract
Contract Duration: One Year (extendable)
Humanity Institute was founded in January 2012 to protect and promote human rights in northern Myanmar. The Think Tank wing of the Institute has been conveying human rights and legal assistance, conducting non-partisan researches and advocacy and publishing The Kachin Times journal. In 2014, Humanity Institute extended its mission to inspire and incubate young leaders to transform the future of the society by providing inclusive quality education, by producing knowledge and by building the ecosystem of learning. Kachinland College was established to carry out the mission and realize the vision to become a University by 2024.
For more information, visit the website at www.KachinlandCollege.org
Kachinland College is currently seeking a passionate Librarian who is familiar with library automation systems and who is enthusiastic about working on books. The librarian is responsible for maintainance of good quality of books, coordination, and oversight of all library and media services. The Librarian will work closely with Faculty and Students. The Librarian answers directly to the Academic Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree/diploma or relevant work experience in library or information management.
- High computer literacy in MS Word, Advanced Excel spreadsheets.
- Subject-specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function, for example ICT resources or resource ordering
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, and meet with other constituents.
- Excellent written and oral English, and Kachin language proficiency are required.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit a cover letter expressing the interest and suitability to the position, a copy of NRC, with full curriculum vitae (CV) detailing your education backgrounds, experience, knowledge and skill and other supporting documents. Please include the names and contact details of TWO referees.
Human Resources Department
Tel: 09 – 258240792
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, info@KachinlandCollege.org
Deadline for submission of application: 15 November, 2019 before 5:00 PM.
Note: Do not enclose any original documents with your application, as they will not be returned to you. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.