Report to: Academic Dean
Post Title: English Teacher
Duty Station: Myitkyina
Contract Types: Fixed-Term Contract
Contract Duration: One Year (extendable)
Humanity Institute was founded in January 2012 to protect and promote human rights in northern Myanmar. The Think Tank wing of the Institute has been conveying human rights and legal assistance, conducting non-partisan researches and advocacy and publishing The Kachin Times journal. In 2014, Humanity Institute extended its mission to inspire and incubate young leaders to transform the future of the society by providing inclusive quality education, by producing knowledge and by building the ecosystem of learning. Kachinland College was established to carry out the mission and realize the vision to become a University by 2024.
For more information, visit the website at www.KachinlandCollege.org
Kachinland College is currently seeking a qualified English teacher with proficiency in 4 skills with English teaching experience. English Teacher is responsible for students’ holistic language improvement to the highest levels in English proficiency particularly in four-skills. Approximately 25 hours of teaching per week is expected. English Teacher will work closely with Faculty and answer directly to the Academic Dean.
- Passion to teach.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or equivalent degree/diploma in Teaching English with a minimum of 3 years of combined work experience. Post-graduate degree(s) in education or certificate in English Language Teaching is a plus.
- Ability to contribute to schemes of work and curriculum materials for the appropriate subjects.
- Designing effective lessons matching the design of the lesson to the ability of the students.
- Competence to give clear and constructive feedback to students on further enhancements.
- Team player who works as a team member, identifying opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing good practices.
- Recognizing high standards of expectations of students’ behaviour through good classroom discipline focused teaching and productive relationships.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, and meet with other constituents.
Salary and Benefits:
Negotiable based on teaching experience and skills.
Job applicants should submit a cover letter (include expected salary), Curriculum Vitae, ONE recent passport-size photo and ONE reference letter to:
Kachinland College Office
Address: SNS-56, Shatapru, Myitkyina, Kachin State,
Email to: info@KachinlandCollege.org
Tel: 09256002049, 0978 422 7634
Deadline for submission of application: as soon as possible
Note: Do not enclose any original documents with your application, as they will not be returned to you. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.