Report to: Finance Officer
Post Title: Accountant
Duty Station: SNS-60, Shatapru, Myitkyina
Contract Types: Fixed-Term Contract
Contract Duration: One Year (extendable)
Humanity Institute was founded in January 2012 to protect and promote human rights in northern Myanmar. The Think Tank wing of the Institute has been conveying human rights and legal assistance, conducting non-partisan researches and advocacy and publishing The Kachin Times journal. In 2014, Humanity Institute extended its mission to inspire and incubate young leaders to transform the future of the society by providing inclusive quality education, by producing knowledge and by building the ecosystem of learning. Kachinland College was established to carry out the mission and realize the vision to become a University by 2024.
For more information, visit the website at www.KachinlandCollege.org
- Ensure financial records are kept and maintained in compliance with the Institute’s
policies and procedures.
- Ensure all expenditures are in line with the budget heading.
- Ensure complete document set for each financial activity.
- Check and compare the invoiced amount with the requested amount.
- Check right calculation of quantities, amounts and totals for each voucher.
- Prepare voucher with complete documents, information and proper heading.
- Prepare journal voucher and check budget coding on vouchers.
- Prepare cheque, maintain cheque register for bank withdrawals and check the bank transaction.
- Update bank book weekly at least.
- Ensure the purchase of equipment and materials complies with the donor contract guidelines.
- Ensure supporting/accounting documents are attached in each expense voucher and if needed follow up immediately.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Prepare and compile the budget if needed.
- Support and coordinate the financial auditing process together with the Finance Officer and other staff upon needed.
- Ensure fixed assets and inventory registers.
- Support Finance Officer and Programme Support Manager in preparation of financial
- Involve in cash count process in daily, weekly and monthly.
- Provide findings report to Finance Officer regularly.
- Aware of fraud eventualities and financial misused and report timely on that if any.
- Assist staff during budget requisition and advance settlement process.
Requirements and skills:
- Be willing to dedicate for the realization of University Vision 2024.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree/diploma in the accounting field, and passed LCCI level III.
- Minimum of 1 year of combined work experience in the related field.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Advanced Excel spreadsheets and other accounting programs.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Knowledge of Accounting software is a plus
- Flexible, able to work under pressure, innovative, and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with non-accounting personnel and to explain requirements, practices, policies, and potentials.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, and meet with other constituents.
- Basic written and oral English, and proficiency in Burmese.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit a cover letter expressing the interest
and suitability to the position, a copy of NRC, with full curriculum vitae (CV)
detailing your education backgrounds, experience, knowledge and skill and other
supporting documents. Please include the names and contact details of TWO
Human Resources Department
Tel: 09 – 258240792
Email: email@example.com, info@KachinlandCollege.org
Deadline for submission of application: 15 November, 2019 before 5:00 PM.
Note: Do not enclose any original documents with your application, as they will not be returned to you. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.